Describe a natural talent you want to improve
1. Do you think artists with talents should focus on their parents?
2. Is it possible for us to know whether the children who are 3 or 4 years old would be musicians and painters?
3. Why people like to watch talent shows?
4. Do you think parents feel guilty for putting too much pressure on their children?
Describe an old person you know and respect
1. What qualities does a person need to take care of old people?
2. Do you think that old people should be taken care of at home?
3. How can people in the neighborhood help the elderly during the epidemic?
4. Do you see this kind of help (mentioned above) occurring in your neighborhood?
Describe an energetic person that you know
1. What kinds of jobs need a lot of physical work?
2. What is the difference between payment for physical work and that for mental work?
3. Can physical workers receive higher salaries in the future?
4. Do you think machines could replace human workers in the future?
Describe a perfect job for you
1. What kinds of job would be chosen by children?
2. Will you be regretful for your choice when you get old?
3. Do all children choose the same job as their parents?
4. Apart from money, what factors should be considered when we find a job?
Describe an intelligent person you know
Describe a person who gave a clever solution to a problem
Describe a person who wears unusual clothes
1. Do you think what people wear can influence their mood?
2. Do you think it is a good idea to buy clothes online?
3. What kind of clothes do people wear in the workplace?
4. What are the differences between clothes worn by old people and those by young people?
Describe your favorite singer or band
1. What kind of music do people like at different ages?
2. What kind of music is popular in China now and what kind will be in the future?
3. Do you think the most popular singer is the best one?
Describe a creative person whose work you admire
1. Do you think you are a creative person?
2. Is it good for children to learn arts?
3. What kinds of jobs need creative ability?
4. Do you think leaders need to have creative ability?
Describe a plan in your life (that is not related to work or study)
1. Should parents make plans for children?
2. When should children start to make plans for themselves?
3. What things should be planned on a daily basis?
4. Are plans always necessary? Can people succeed without plans?
Describe a plan influenced by weather
1. Do people care about weather?
2. Is weather forecast accurate?
3. What influences will weather bring about?
Describe a piece of news that local people are interested in
1. Do local people read the newspaper?
2. Do people prefer local or international news?
3. Do you think it is important to have a national identity?
4. How can people develop their national identity?
Describe a law or regulation about environmental protection
1. Are there laws about education in China?
2. What kinds of rules do schools in China have?
3. What can teachers do to make students obey rules?
4. What should parents do to educate children about laws?
Describe a toy you liked in your childhood
1. How do advertisements influence children?
2. Should advertising aimed at kids be prohibited?
3. Do you think parents should buy more toys for their kids or spend more time with them?
4. What’s the difference between the toys kids play now and those they played in the past?
5. What can children learn from playing toys?
Describe a tradition in your country
1. How do people value traditional festivals?
2. What is the difference between festivals now and those in the past?
3. Do you think western festivals like Christmas are replacing traditional festivals in your country?
4. Do you think it is wrong for children not to celebrate traditional festivals?
Describe an important thing for your family for a long period of time
Describe a kind of weather that you like
1. How many seasons in your country?
2. Would you tell me some festivals about seasons?
Describe a skill that you think you can teach other people
1. Should a teacher be funny in the class?
2. Which age group is the best to learn?
Describe a film that made you laugh
1. Do people like comedy?
2. Why do people of all ages like cartoons?
3. Why do some people like to make others laugh?
4. Should teachers tell jokes in class?
Describe a live sport match you watched
1. Is the live competition different from the competition of TV?
Describe a short trip you do but don’t like
1. Who prefer to travel abroad, old people or young people?
2. Do Chinese people like travelling abroad?
Describe an exciting book you have read
1. Do you prefer books or movies?
2. Is it necessary for parents to read stories for their children?
3. Which people would read more, young people or old people?
4. What’s the difference between men’s and women’s reading habit?
Describe a tall building in your city you like or dislike
1. What are the disadvantages of living in a tall building?
2. Do you think there will be more tall buildings in the future?
3. Why are not there many tall buildings in the countryside?
Describe a city that you have been to and would like to visit again
1. What is the difference between life in city and life in rural areas?
2. What are the problems you find in the cities?
3. What cities have changed in the past 10 years?
4. Do you agree that people in the countryside are friendlier than people in the cities?
Describe a place where you are able to relax
1. Do people prefer living in new house or old house? Why?
2. Should old buildings be rebuilt? Why?
Describe a street market or an outdoor market you’ve been to
1. Do you think small markets would disappear in the future?
Describe a café you have been to
1. What kind of people would like to go to the café?
2. Why do some young people prefer to study in the café instead of studying at home?
Describe a quiet place you like to spend your time in
1. Is it hard to find quiet places in cities?
2. Why is it quieter in the countryside?
3. Why do people go to quiet places?
4. Compared with young people, do old people prefer to live in quiet places?
Describe an argument two of your friends had
1. Do you think argument is important?
2. What do family members usually have arguments about?
3. Is it easier for you to have arguments with your family or your friends?
4. Do you think people should change the way they think when having arguments?
Describe a leisure activity on/near the sea
1. Why do people like to spend time on the sea?
2. Why do people like to work on the sea?
3. Why do people like traveling by the sea?
Describe a (jigsaw) puzzle
1. Do Chinese like doing puzzles?
2. Why parents let their children do puzzles?
3. Can puzzles improve people’s intelligence?
Describe a time when you were scared by someone
1. Is it a good thing to scare other people?
2. Why are some people easy to be scared?
3. What should people do if they are scared?
Describe an expensive activity that you enjoy doing occasionally
1. What kinds of expensive things do people like to buy?
2. What is the difference between women and men in buying things?
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages about being rich?
4. Why are some sports expensive? Are they for everyone?
Describe an experience that you got bored when you were with others
1. Why do people get bored?
2. Why are people less interested in reading books nowadays?
Describe a time when you ate something for the first time
1. What kinds of foreign food are popular in your country?
2. What are young people’s opinions on new food? How about old people?
3. Should teachers and parents teach children how to cook?
4. Why do people like their local food?
Describe a time that you changed your mind
1. Do old people often change plans?
2. Do young people like to change plans?
3. What are the common reasons when people need to change plans?
4. How would you tell your friends when you must change your plan?
5. What kinds of plans are practical?
Describe a time when you saw children behave badly in public
1. What bad behavior do children usually have?
2. How should parents stop their children from behaving badly in public?
3. Are parents these days stricter than those in the past?
4. Whose influence on children is more important? Friends’ or parents’?
Describe an occasion when you waited for something or someone for a long time
1. How do you manage time?
Describe a time when you helped someone
1. Should parents help their kids with their homework?
2. What kind of advice should parents give to their children?
3. Should parents give children advice? Why?
4. Can kids provide any help to parents?
Describe an occasion when you forgot something important
1. What kinds of things do people forget easily?
2. What kinds of people are more forgetful?
3. How can people improve their memory?
4. What do you think of people using calendars to remind themselves of things?
Describe a time when your computer had a problem
1. Why people are addicted to computer?
2. What people do with a computer?
Describe a time when you received good news
1. Where do people get news?
2. What kind of news do people like to read? Why?
3. How can companies tell the public its news? On the internet or through press conference?
4. What do you think of the news on social media?
Describe the time when you first talked in a foreign language
1. At what age should children start learning a foreign language?
2. Which skill is more important, speaking or writing?
3. Does a person still need to learn other languages, if he or she is good at English?
4. Do you think minority languages will disappear?
Describe a time when you did not tell a friend the truth
1. Do you think mutual trust between friends is important?
2. Do you think people need to tell the truth all the time?
3. Why do children tell lies?
4. What should parents do if their children tell lies?
Describe a time you get lost in a place you did not know
1. Do you think people can easily get lost or not?
2. Do you think it is important to read the map?
3. Why people are willing to travel in some new place?
4. Do you think it is important to do some preparation before you go?
Describe a prize you want to win
1. What rewards can children get from school?
2. Should parents push their children to get prizes?
3. Is it good for children to compete for prizes at school?
4. What kinds of rewards can companies offer to their outstanding employees?
Describe a situation when you couldn’t use your phone
1. What do you do when you can’t use your phone?
2. How do phones influence social behaviors?
3. Do you think it necessary to make laws about using phones?
4. What do you think that primary school students have phones?
5. What age do you think that is proper for children to use phones?
Describe a time you saw something interesting on social media
1. Why do people like to use social media?
2. What kinds of things are popular on social media?
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using social media?
4. What do you think of making friends on social network?