1. Factual information questions (纯粹细节)
2. Negative factual information questions (否定细节)
3. Inference questions (推理题)
4. Rhetorical purpose questions (修辞目的题)
5. Vocabulary questions (词汇题)
6. Reference questions (指代题)
7. Sentence simplification questions (句子简化题)
8. Insert text question (句子插入题)
9. Prose summary (内容摘要题)
10. Fill in a table (表格归类题)
一.段间关系概括题：这种题目要求考生概括出2个自然段间的逻辑关系。比如说《THE CAMBRIAN EXPLOSION》这篇文章的第6题。
6. Which of the following best describes the relationship between Paragraph2 and Paragraph3?
Paragraph2 puts forward several scientific claims, one of which is rejected in Paragraph3
Paragraph2 poses several questions, and Paragraph3offers a possible answer to one of them
Paragraph2 presents outdated traditional views, while Paragraph3presents the current scientific conclusions.
Paragraph2 introduces a generalization that is illustrated by specific examples in Paragraph3
二.修辞手法题：这种题目是修辞目的的变体。OG中大多数题目只考察一个词组的修辞目的，而实际考试会对一句话甚至整段话的修辞目的进行考察。一个是考修辞对象，一个是考修辞的手段。比如说，《Meteorite Impact and Dinosaur Extinction》这篇文章第2题：
2. In paragraph 2, why does the author include the information that dinosaurs had flourished for tens of millions of years and then suddenly disappeared?
To support the claim that the mass extinction at the end of the Cretaceous is the best-documented of the dozen or so mass extinctions in the geological record
To explain why as many as half of the species on Earth at the time are believed to have become extinct at the end of the Cretaceous
To explain why paleontologists have always been intrigued by the mass extinction at the end of the Cretaceous
To provide evidence that an impact can be large enough to disturb the environment of the entire planet and cause an ecological disaster
三.段落结构题：这里题目考查的是文章段落的构架，可以算是新题型。比如：《THE ORIGINS OF THEATER》这篇文章的第9题，
9. Which of the following best describes the organization of paragraph 5?
The author presents two theories for a historical phenomenon.
The author argues against theories expressed earlier in the passage.
The author argues for replacing older theories with a new one.
The author points out problems with two popular theories.
12.In paragraph 6, the author’s primary purpose is to
Provide examples of how oil exploration can endanger the environment
Describe accidents that have occurred when oil activities were in progress
Give an analysis of the effects of oil spills on the environment
Explain how technology and legislation help reduce oil spills
五. 双选题：其实不仅仅在听力考试之中有双选题，阅读考试之中也是有双选题的，只是ETS有可能觉得这点并不重要，因此没有通知偶们，例子请见：《The Geologic History of the Mediterranean》这篇文章第5题。
5. Select the TWO answer choice from paragraph 3 that identify materials discovered in the deepest part of the Mediterranean basin. To receive credit you must select TWO answers.
Volcanic rock fragments.
This silt layers
Soft, deep-sea mud
以及《THE RISE OF TEOTIHUACAN》这篇文章第11题：
11. Select the TWO answer choices that are mentioned in paragraph 5 as being features of Teotihuacán that may have attracted immigrants to the city. To receive credit, you must select TWO answers.
The prosperity of the elite
Plenty of available housing
Opportunities for well-paid agricultural employment
The presence of one or more religious shrines
10. According to paragraphs 6 and 7, why is basalt unlike most crystalline forms of rock?
It is unusually solid
It often has high porosity.
It has a low proportion of empty space.
It is highly permeable.
五.细节题题干关键字没有在原文直接给出。这让考生定位细节难度大幅度增加。不过说句公道话，其实在老托福考试就已经这样了，并不是在新托福考试之中独有的。比如《Depletion of the Ogallala Aquifer》这篇文章的第11题。
11.Paragraph 5 mentions which of the following as a source of difficulty for some farmers who try to conserve water?
Crops that do not need much water are difficult to grow in the High Plains.
Farmers who grow crops that need a lot of water make higher profits.
Irrigating less frequently often leads to crop failure.
Few farmers are convinced that the aquifer will eventually run dry.