1. Start each day with a kiss--I think this one is not that hard; on the contrary; it can be healthy and nice。
2. Date once a week--May not as often as once a week, let''s say every other week or that a date can be inside your home and that you don''t have to go somewhere fancy to have it, you get the idea, right?
3. Accept differences--No one is perfect. However; healthy arguments are good for the relationship, hence; the most important thing would be learning how to compromise with one another.
4. Be polite--Please, thank you, you are welcome… these are not only meant for strangers; your own spouse and family should come first and you must always use these phrases inside your home.
5. Be gentle--a person is supposed to be the closest to his/her spouse, being gentle is crucial to keep them close enough.
6. Give gifts--nice small gifts are appreciated every once in a while.
7. Touch--intimacy between married people is very important and touching is a means of communication that reflects closeness, connection and love; it is your way of keeping the spark alive.
8. Talk about dreams--dreams of the future that is; if you don''t share your dreams with your spouse; then who?
9. Select a song that can be "our song" —— this sounds like a cliché, but it can be nice, don''t you think?
10. Laugh together--laughter is medicine. When you share good laughs together; the fun grows in the relationship and you grow closer and stronger every day.
11. Send a card for no reason--another cliché? Maybe, but everyone likes to receive a nice "I love you" or "I miss you" notes every once in a while.
12. Listen--this could be the most important one ever, but note that you should listen with empathy and not just hear what they are saying; you should get involved.
13. Encourage--positive support and being there for one another is also very important; seek their support and give them yours and be generous!
14. Do it his or her way--sometimes; you need to do things their way just to show how much you love them and respect their feelings.
15. Know his or her needs--what good is a spouse if he/she does not know the needs of their significant others? This should be your primary concern!
16. Compliment twice a day--everyone likes to hear something nice as a compliment; so give them that when it is due.
17. Call during the day--but don''t over do it and be obsessed with calling him/her. Give them their space but also show them that you think of them by a 2-minutes phone call saying "how are you doing?"
18. Cuddle--yes; intimacy is very important and reflects love and deep feelings.
19. Show respect--showing respect is more important than showing love.
20. Welcome the other person home--show enthusiasm when they come home and greet them; this means that you are happy because they are home now and that you were waiting for them!
21. Celebrate birthdays in a big way--this does not mean a big party; just show them you care about their personal occasions.
22. Forgive--from the heart and not only in words.
23. Set up a romantic getaway--this sounds like fun every once in a while; no harm in that!
24. Respond quickly to the other person''s request--show them that you are doing this because you care for them the most.
25. Treat each others'' friends and relatives with courtesy--even if you don''t like their family and/or friends, you treat them with respect and courtesy for the sake of your spouse; they deserve that much.
26. Admit when wrong--don''t be too arrogant to say it.
27. End the day with a hug--show closeness and again; intimacy.