1. Who gave you your name?
2. Does your name have any particular (or, special) meaning?
3. Do you like your name?
4. Would you like to change your name?
5. (Similar to above) Have you ever considered changing your name?
6. Is it easy to change your name in your country?
7. (Similar to above) In your country, are there any problems that could occur if someone changed their name?
8. Who usually names babies in your country?
9. Do you have any special traditions about naming children?
10. (Similar to above) What do people consider when they are giving a baby a name in your country?
Your Work or Your Studies
Are you working or studying?
1a) Your Studies
1. What subject(s) are you studying?
2. Why did you choose to study that? / Why did you choose to study those subjects?
3. Do many students in your country study that subject?
4. (Similar to above) Is that a popular subject to study in your country?
5. What school/university do you attend?
6. Why did you choose that school/university?
7. What do you plan to do after you finish your studies?
8. Your First Day at University
9. Did you like your first day at university?
10. (Similar to above) Did you have a good first day at university?
11. (Similar to above) How did you feel on your first day at university/high school?
12. Do you think the first day at university is important?
13. How important do you think it is for people to have an enjoyable first day at university (or, school)?
14. (Similar to above) Do you think a person''s first impressions of a new school or university are important?
1b) Your Work
1. What work do you do?
2. Why did you choose to do that kind of work?
3. Do many people in your country choose to do that type of work?
4. What are your responsibilities at work?
5. Do you remember your first day at work?
6. What did you do on your first day at work?
7. Did you like your first day at work?
8. (Similar to above) How did you feel on your first day at work?
9. Do you think the first day at work is important?
10. (Similar to above) Do you think a person''s first impressions of a new job are important?
1. Where did you grow up?
2. What was it like when you were a child?
3. Has it changed much?
4. Would you say it was a good place to live?
5. Would you say your hometown is a good place for tourists to visit?
6. What do you like about your hometown?
Where do you live, a house/ an apartment?
Are there any entertaining facilities nearby?
What pleasant thing you will do with your family in your house/ flat?
Which part of your home do you like best?
If you have a chance to redesign your house, what will you do?
What is your ideal future house like?
What’s on the wall of your house/ flat?
Do you prefer to invite your friends to your home or be invited to your friend’s home?
What makes your house/flat look pleasant?
Do you want to move in future?
Your Home (Your Accommodation)
1. Can you describe the place where you live?
2. What do you usually do in your house/flat/room?
3. Are the transport facilities to your home very good?
4. Please describe the room you live in.
5. Is there anything you don''t like about the place where you live?
6. What kind of decorations does it have?