1. Do you like your name?
2. Does your name have any special meaning?
3. What kinds of names are popular in China?
4. Are there many Chinese people who have the same name as yours?
5. Is there any tradition about naming babies?
Work or study
1. Why did you choose to study that subject?
2. Is it interesting?
3. What subjects are you studying?
4. Do you prefer to study in the mornings or in the afternoons?
5. Are you looking forward to working?
6. Do you like your subject?
7. What work do you do?
8. Why did you choose to do that type of work?
9. Do you miss being a student?
10. Do you like your job?
1. What kinds of job did you want to do in your childhood?
2. What’s your ideal job now?
Home (Your accommodation)
1. Can you describe the place where you live?
2. How long have you lived there?
3. Who do you live with?
4. Do you plan to live there for a long time?
5. What is the difference between where you are living now and where you have lived in the past?
6. Do you prefer living in a house or a flat?
7. In the future, what type of place would you like to live in?
8. What kind of neighbourhood / environment / surroundings / home would you like to live in?
9. What do you usually do in your house / flat / room?
10. Which room does your family spend most of the time staying in?
11. What part of your home do you like the most?
12. Are the transport facilities to your home very good?
1. What's (the name of) your hometown (again)?
2. Is that a big city or a small place?
3. Please describe your hometown a little.
4. How long have you lived there?
5. Do you like it?
6. Do you like living there?
7. What do you like (most) about your hometown?
8. Is there anything you dislike about it?
9. Do you think you will continue living there for a long time?
10. Do you plan to continue living there?
11. Where would you like to live?
1. Why do some people keep pets at home?
2. What kinds of animals do you like?
3. Have you ever had a pet before?
4. Do you like to see animals in the zoo?
5. What is the most popular animal in China?
6. What wild animal do you like?
1. Do you have dinner at home?
2. When do you usually have dinner?
3. Who do you like to have dinner with?
4. Do you go out for dinner in a restaurant?
5. Who do you go out for dinner with?
1. Do you like ring or necklace? Why?
2. Why do some people like to wear jewelry?
3. Have you bought any jewelry?
4. Do you wear many jewels?
5. Have you ever sent someone jewels?
1. What kinds of apps do you often use?
2. What kinds of apps would you like to have in the future?
3. What's the most popular app in your country?
4. What was the first app you used?
5. Do old people in your country like to use apps?
1. How often do you buy others gifts?
2. Do you like to send expensive gifts?
3. What kinds of gifts are popular in your country?
4. Why do people send gifts?
1. How often do you use your dictionary?
2. Do you like paper dictionary or electronic dictionary?
3. What kinds of dictionaries have you used before?
4. How will dictionaries change in the future?