1. Parents today spend too much time helping their children determine their children’s future. Children should be allowed to make their choices on their own.
2. Success is not the most important thing in one’s life. Remaining happy and optimistic when you fail is more important.
3. Government should support scientific research even the research has no practical use.
4. Having a low-paying but secure job is better than having a high-paying job that can be lost easily.
5. People should have hobbies and do physical activities that are very different from their work.
6. People who have developed many different kinds of skills are more successful than people who focus on only one skill.
7. The personal and work-related challenges that young people face today are not very difference from challenges that their parents and grandparents faced when they were young.
8. All high school students should take a basic economics course.
9. Sometimes, if you cannot say anything nice about someone, you’d better say nothing.
10. Printed books have greater effects on society than television does.
11. Some people believe that a school should spend money on improving cafeteria foods. Other people believe that a school should spend money on social activities for students after school. What is your opinion and why?
12. Nowadays it is easier to maintain good health than in the past.
13. A person’s job has more effects on his or her happiness than this person’s social life does.
14. To increase economic growth, government can neglect environment concerns.
15. It is impossible to be completely honest with your friend all the time.
16. Which of the following three factors contributes to an enjoyable vacation most? A. good food B. good location C. good friends with you.(2013年4月14日已考)
17. Which way do you think is the best for a student to make new friends? A. Joining a sports team. B. Participating in community activities C. Traveling.
18. The benefits that students can get from student organization or club activities are as many as they can get from their academic studies.
19. When you are assigned to finish writing about an important presentation in a month. Which way do you prefer? 1. To start working on it right away. 2. Wait until you have a good idea about it.
20. Nowadays students do not respect teachers as much as in the past.
21. People can learn more from watching television than by reading books.
22. Schools always collect information about teachers’ teaching performance and give rewards to those teachers who perform well. Which way do you think is more useful: 1. to evaluate teachers’ performance by students 2. to evaluate teachers’ performance by teachers?
23. Nowadays, neighbors depend on each less than people in the past.
24. There are too many strict rules in societies for young people.
25. Young people today are less dependent on their parents in making better decisions for their own life than the young people who were in the past.
26. When you are assigned to finish writing about an important presentation in a month. Which way do you prefer? 1. To start working on it right away. 2. Wait until you have a good idea about it.
27. Government should not offer artists like musicians, filmmakers any financial support
28. One can learn a lot about another person from the books and movies that person likes.
29. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Colleges or universities should offer students a better job preparation before they start working. Use specific reasons to support your answer.