* 家庭成员：great-grandfather, great-grandmother, grandfather, grandmother, father, mother, wife, husband, son, daughter, older brother, older sister, young brother, young sister, grandson, granddaughter, etc.
* 家庭类型：a nuclear / small family核心家庭a big / large/extended family大家庭a single-parent family单亲家庭
* 亲戚关系：grandaunt姑婆，姨婆;granduncle伯公，叔公，舅公，姑公，姨公; aunt 婶母，伯母，姨母，舅母; uncle 叔父，伯父，姑父，姨父; cousin堂兄弟(姐妹)，表兄弟(姐妹); cousin-in-law堂姐(妹)夫，堂嫂，堂弟媳，表姐(妹)夫，表嫂，表弟媳; brother-in-law 姐夫，妹夫; sister-in-law姑，姨，嫂，弟媳; son-in-law女婿; daughter-in-law儿媳; nephew 侄儿，外甥; niece侄女，外甥女; grandnephew甥(外)孙，侄(外)孙; grandniece甥(外)孙女，侄(外)孙女; grandson-in-law孙女婿;granddaughter-in-law孙媳妇;etc.
* 常用短语：feed / raise / support a family抚养家庭; found / start a family 建立家庭;family property家产; family financial situation家境; family history家史; family tree家谱;family origin家庭出身; family responsibilities家庭责任; family function 家庭功能; family relationship 家庭关系; family planning 家庭计划; family education 家庭教育; family structure 家庭结构; family ethics 家庭伦理; family consumption 家庭消费; etc.
* 常用句型：1. What do you want to say about your family? 2. How many people are there in your family? 3. Do you have any brothers or sisters? 4. Are you the oldest/youngest in your family?5. What do your parents do? 6. I grew up in a very close, loving family.7. I keep in touch with my family regularly. 8. I miss my family very much.
Now first listen to a conversation about the family and say something about Brian’s family.
Please Listen Carefully.
Lin: Brian, what’s up? You look unhappy.
Brian: Oh, nothing particular, Lin. Just that I miss my family terribly.
Lin: Me too. How many people are there in your family?
Brian: Four. My parents, my elder sister and I.
Lin: What do they do?