1.According to a recent survey ,four-million people die each year from diseases linked to smoking.
依照较近的一项调查，每年有 4,000,000 人死于与吸烟相关的疾病。
2.The latest surveys show that Quite a few children have unpleasant associations with homework.
3.No invention has received more praise and abuse than Internet. 没有一项发明象互联网同时受到如此多的赞扬和批评。
4.People seem to fail to take into account the fact that education does not end with graduation.
5.Many experts point out that physical exercise contributes directly to a person’s physical fitness.
6.Nowadays ,many students always go into raptures at the mere mention of the coming life of high
school or college they will begin. Unfortunately ,for most young people ,it is not pleasant
experience on their first day on campus.
7.In view of the seriousness of this problem ,effective measures should be taken before things get
8.Proper measures must be taken to limit the number of foreign tourists and the great efforts
should be made to protect local environment and history from the harmful effects of international
9.An increasing number of experts believe that migrants will exert positive effects on construction
of city .However ,this opinion is now being questioned by more and more city residents ,who
complain that the migrants have brought many serious problems like crime and prostitution.
10.Many city residents complain that it is so few buses in their city that they have to spend much
more time waiting for a bus ,which is usually crowded with a large number of passengers.
11.There is no denying the fact that air pollution is an extremely serious problem :the city authorities should take strong measures to deal with it.
12.An investigation shows that female workers tend to have a favorable attitude toward
13.A proper part-time job does not occupy student's too much time .In fact ,it is unhealthy for
them to spend all of time on their study .As an old saying goes :All work and no play makes Jack a
14.Any government which is blind to this point may pay a heavy price.
15.An increasing number of people are beginning to realize that education is not complete with
16.When it comes to education ,the majority of people believe that education is a lifetime study.
17.The majority of students believe that part-time job will provide them with more opportunities
to develop their interpersonal skills ,which may put them in a favorable position in the future job
18.It is indisputable that there are millions of people who still have a miserable life and have to
fact the dangers of starvation and exposure.
19.Although this view is widely held ,this is little evidence that education can be obtained at any
age and at any place.
20.No one can deny the fact that a person’s education is the most important aspect of his life.
21.People equate success in life with the ability of operating computer .
22. In the last decades, advances in medical technology have made it possible for people to live
longer than in the past.
23. In fact, we have to admit the fact that the quality of life is as important as life itself.
24. We should spare no effort to beautify our environment.
25. People believe that computer skills will enhance their job opportunities or promotion
26. The information I've collected over last few years leads me to believe that this knowledge may
be less useful than most people think.
27. Now, it is generally accepted that no college or university can educate its students by the timethey graduation.
28. This is a matter of life and death--a matter no country can afford to ignore.
29. For my part, I agree with the latter opinion for the following reasons:
30. Before giving my opinion, I think it is important to look at the arguments on both sides.
31. This view is now being questioned by more and more people.
32. Although many people claim that, along with the rapidly economic development, the number
of people who use bicycle are decreasing and bicycle is bound to die out. The information I've
collected over the recent years leads me to believe that bicycle will continue to play extremely
important roles in modern society.
33. Environmental experts point out that increasing pollution not only causes serious problems
such as global warming but also could threaten to end human life on our planet.
34. In view of such serious situation, environmental tools of transportation like bicycle are more
important than any time before.
35. Using bicycle contributes greatly to people's physical fitness as well as easing traffic jams.
36. Despite many obvious advantages of bicycle, it is not without its problem.
37. Bicycle can't be compared with other means of transportation like car and train for speed and
38. From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw the conclusion that advantages of
bicycle far outweigh its disadvantages and it will still play essential roles in modern society.
39. There is a general discussion these days over education in many colleges and institutes. One of
the questions under debate is whether education is a lifetime study.
40. This issue has caused wide public concern.