托福听力听清了却没懂怎么办?托福听力中,有一些短语中的每一个词都很简单,但放在一起却不知道是啥意思,从而导致听清了却听不懂的现象。下面小编整理了托福听力的相关内容和大家分享,快和小编一起来看看吧!
1.take a rain check改天吧
-Can you come over for dinner tonight?
(今天晚上来吃饭好吗?)
-I'm up to my ears in work, so I'll have to take a rain check.
(我工作很忙,改天吧。)
2.lost count弄不清楚
-Ever since your girlfriend moved to Bridgeport, you are always driving there. How many trips a week do you make anyway?
(自从你的女友搬到Bridgeport,你老是开车去看她。一周去几次啊?)
-I have lost count, but I can do it with my eyes closed.
(搞不清楚了,但我闭着眼也能摸过去。)
3.be in another world精神恍惚;魂不守舍
-Pete's really out of it these days.
(Pete这几天有点心不在焉。)
-Yeah, I know. Ever since he met Ann, he's been in another world.
(我同意。自从他遇见Ann,他就魂不守舍了。)
4.make yourself at home随意,随便
-Do you mind if I take off my jacket?
(你介意我脱下夹克吗?)
-Of course not, make yourself at home.
(当然不介意,随意一点!)
5.save your breath省口气吧;别白费口舌了
-Hey? John! John!
(嘿,John!John!)
-Save your breath. He's out of earshot.
(省口气吧。他听不到。)
6. out of earshot不在听力所及范围
-Hey? John! John!
(嘿,John!John!)
-Save your breath. He's out of earshot.
(省口气吧。他听不到。)
7.make sense有意义,理解
-The plot of that movie is hard to follow.
(那部电影的情节很难跟得上。)
-It makes more sense the second time.
(再看一遍就理解了。)
8.cost sb. an arm and a leg非常昂贵
-Did you see the diamond ring Bill gave to Linda?
(你看到Bill送给Linda的钻戒了吗?)
-I sure did. It must have cost him an arm and a leg.
(当然了。那一定很昂贵。)
9.burn a hole in one's pocket很快地被花光
-Have you saved enough to buy that new printer for your computer yet?
(你攒足钱给你的电脑买一台新打印机了吗?)
-You know money seems to be burining a hole in my pocket lately. Maybe next month.
(这几个月我花钱如流水,也学下个月吧。)
10.fill one's shoes很好地顶替;令人满意地替代
-Have you heard that Professor Jones is retiring?
(你听说Jones教授要退休了吗?)
-Yes. The faculty won't find anyone to fill her shoes.
(是的。学校将很难找到合适的人来替代她。)
以上就是小编整理的托福听力的相关内容,希望小编今天整理的内容能够对大家的托福学习产生帮助!