1. _________ a major role in future planetary exploration.
A.Robots will surely play
(B)Robots, which will surely play
(C)Because robots will surely be playing
D.Surely robots, which will be playing
2. Unlike the owl, bats cannot see very well, but they do
A.it hears very well
(B)very good to hear
(C)tearing very well
D.very good hearing
3.Comparatively few clues in the United Slates have competing
today, a major change from 1900 _________ more than two newspapers.
A.because then most large cities having
(B)when did most large cities have
(C)then most large cities that had
D.when most large cities had
4.Witch hazel extract, _________ distilled from the bark and twigs of
witch hazel shrub, has been utilized in medicine.
B.when to be
5. _________ touching in O. Henry’s stories is the gallantry with which
ordinary people struggle to maintain their dignity.
B.It mostly is
C.Is it most
D.What is most
6. The face of the Moon is changed by collisions with meteoroids,
_________new craters to appear.
D. have cause
7. Social scientists believe that _________ from sounds such as grunts
barks made by early ancestors of human beings.
A. the very slow development of language
B .language developed very slowly
C. language which,, was very slow to develop
D. language, very slowly developing
8. _________ substances include various forms of silica, pumice, and
A .Natural abrasives occur
B .Abrasion occurs in natural
C .Naturally occurring abrasive
D.A natural occurrence of abrasion
9. _________ in the upper part of their long1 thin legs all9w deer to
swiftly and jump far.
A. Muscles are powerful
B .There are powerful muscles
C. The powerful muscles that
D. Powerful muscles
10. Geophysicists have collaborated with archaeologists and
to study the magnetic properties of pottery and fireplaces at sites
by early humans.
C .which occupy
D .were occupied