Your neighbours have recently written to you to complain about the noise from your house/ flat.
Write a letter to your neighbours. In your letter
explain the reasons for the noise
apologise for the noise
describe what action you will take.
Write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write your own address.
Dear Mr and Mrs Brock,
I hope you are doing great. It is a shame that we do not know each other very well and I would like to apologise for that. I am writing this letter to respond to your complaint letter that you sent me yesterday about the noise on last Saturday. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and humbly ask for your forgiveness.
With the concern of home safety, my wife and I decided to install a few smoke detectors in our flat, especially after we saw a devastating fire in our neighbourhood lately. We bought the devices from an online store and started to install and test the gadgets when the shipment had arrived. To ensure that the sound of the fire alarm is loud enough and everyone in the house would notice it, we tested the gadgets for about 20 minutes. Although the testing took place at midday on last Saturday, my wife and I are terribly sorry that your child’s nap was bothered.
I beg for your understanding and forgiveness. Please accept this box of chocolate as a token of my deepest regret for the inconvenience.
开头：Apology –目的+原因+再次表示歉意 / 补救措施
1. I am writing to apologize for …
2. I am terribly sorry, but…
3. Thank you for …, but I am sorry to say that…
End of an apology letter
1. I hope you can accept my apologies. Please allow me to say sorry again.
2. Once again, I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.
3. I would be very grateful if you could tell me if there is any way that I can make up for it. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
apologize to sb. for sth. 因为...向某人道歉
make an apology 道歉
make up for it 弥补
shoulder the responsibility 承担责任