Do you live in a house or a flat?
Which part of your house do you like most?
What’s the difference between an apartment and a house? Which do you prefer?
What facilities are there in your neighborhood?
What’s your favourite place in your home?
Do you live with your family?
Do you like your names?
Does your name have any special meanings?
What kinds of names are popular in China?
Are there many Chinese people who have the same names as you?
Is there any tradition about naming babies?
Where’s your hometown?
Do you like it?
What do you like most about it?
What don’t you like about it?
Are there any tourist attractions?
Do you like to live beside the seaside?
Study or Work
Do you work or study?
What’s your major?
Do you like it? Do you find it interesting?
What work do you do?
What do you find most difficult with your job/studies?
Do you think your job/subject is easy or difficult?
What are you planning to do in the future?
What public holidays do you have in your country?
Do people in your country celebrate foreign festivals?
What do you usually do during public holidays?
What did you do during the last public holiday?
Do you think public holidays are important?
Why do we need public holidays?
How many public holidays do you have in China?
Do you think people need more public holidays?
How do you usually spend your holidays?
Which holiday is your favourite?
Do you like to take photos?
Do you prefer to take photos yourself or to have other people take photos?
How often do you take photos?
In what situations do you take photos?
How do you keep your photos?
Do you watch movies?
How often do you watch movies?
What kind of movies do you like?
Do you prefer to go to movie alone or with others?
Do you prefer to watch movies at home or in a cinema?
Do you like to listen to music?
What kinds of music do you like?
Have you been to a concert or live performance?
What are the differences between listening to live music and from recordings?
What kinds of music are popular in China?
Is music an important subject at school in China?
What do you know about painting?
Have you learned drawing or painting?
Is it important to hang pictures at home?
What kind of paintings do you like?
If someone wants to draw a picture of you, will you agree?
Do you often write with a pen?
Is your handwriting easy to read for other people?
Do you like to receive cards with hand-written words?
Can we tell someone’s personality from his or her handwriting?
What’s the difference between writing with a pen and typing on a computer?
Have you ever cooked?
Do you like cooking?
Do you want to learn how to cook?
Is it difficult to cook Chinese food for you?
What kinds of places do you like to go on holidays?
Who would you like to go on holidays with?
Where do you plan to go for holidays in the future?
Do you like to watch sports on TV?
Do you play any sports?
Do you have a favourite sports star?
What kinds of sports are popular in China?
The Area You Live In
Do you like the area that you live in?
What are some changes in the area recently?
Do you know any famous people in your area?
Where do you like to go in that area?
What places do you think are often crowded?
When was the last time you were in a crowed place?
How do you feel when you are in crowded places?
Do you prefer dry or wet weather?
What kind of weather do you like most?
What’s your favourite season?
What kind of weather is typical in your hometown?
How often do you look at the sky?
Do you prefer the sky in the morning or the sky at night?
Can you see the moon and stars at night where you live?
Is there a good place to look at the skγ from where you live?
Do you like to watch the sky?
Have you learnt any courses about stars or planets?
Where is a good place to watch stars?
What is the sky like at night in your hometown?
What's your favourite star?
Do you like the city you are living now?
Which city have you been to recently?
Do you prefer the city or the countryside?
What kinds of cities do you like?
Which city do you want to go to?
Are public parks very important in China?
Are there many public gardens in China?
Do you think there are enough public gardens or parks in your hometown?
What do you think are the benefits of having gardens in the city?
Why do people who live in cities like public gardens?
What do you do in the mornings?
Is breakfast important?
What is your morning routine?
Do you like to get up early in the morning?
How many hours are you asleep for every day?
Is it necessary to take a nap every day?
Do old people sleep a lot? Why?
What time do you usually go to bed?
Do you always have a good sleep?
Do you take naps at noon?
Do you like to read before bed?
How have your sleeping habits changed since you were young?
Do you write many letters?
Do you prefer to write letters by hand or to use a computer?
What do you usually write about?
Is it hard to think of what to write?
How often do you write an E-Mail?
Who do you write to?
What kind of E-Mail do you receive that makes you happy?
Do you think it’s important to reply E-Mails quickly?
What kinds of teachers do you like best?
Who was your favourite teacher when you were young?
Would you want to be a teacher in the future?
Have you ever had bad teachers before?
Who is your favourite movie star?
Are international superstars popular in your country?
Have you ever met a celebrity/superstar in real life?
Do you want to be a superstar?
How often do you drink water?
What kinds of water do you like to drink?
Do you drink bottled water or water from machine?
Do you have anything to share with others recently?
Did your parents teach you to share when you were a child?
What kinds of things do you like to share with others?
What kinds of things are not suitable for sharing?
Were you patient when you were young?
How do you feel when other people are not patient?
Were you less or more patient when you were angry?
Are there many people keeping pets in China?
Have you ever had a pet when you were young?
What pet will you keep if you want?
Tea and Coffee
Do Chinese people like to drink tea or coffee?
Do you prepare tea or coffee for the guests at home?
When was the last time you drank tea or coffee?
Do you like to wear sunglasses?
Where can you buy sunglasses?
Do people in your country wear sunglasses?
What’s your favourite colour?
Do you like dark colours?
Are there any colours you dislike?
Do you usually wear clothes in your favourite colour?
How often do you buy shoes?
Have you ever bought shoes online?
Do you know anyone who likes to buy a lot of shoes?
What’s your favourite type of shoes?
Did you save money when you were young?
Have you ever given money to other children?
Do you think parents should teach children to save money?
How often do you buy others gifts?
Why do people send gifts?
Do you like to send expensive gifts?
What kinds of gifts are popular in China?
How did you come here today?
Why did you choose that form of transport?
What form of transport do you usually use?
Do you usually take the bus?
Is it convenient to take a bus/taxi in your city?
Is driving to work popular in your country?
1. A person who you know is beautiful or handsome.
2. Someone you would like to study or work with.
3. An intelligent person you know.
4. A person you wanted to be similar to when you were growing up.
5. An interesting person you would like to meet.
6. Someone you haven’t seen before but you would like to know more.
7. A teenager you know.
7. An old person who is interesting.
8. A person who helps to protect the environment.
9. A popular comic actor/actress in your country.
10. A newly built public facility (such as parks, cinemas etc.) that influences your city.
11. An indoor or outdoor place where it was easy for you to study.
12. A beautiful city.
13. A place you plan to travel to that is far away from your home.
14. An interesting part of your country.
15. A building you like.
16. A quiet place you found.
17. A present you received which was made by hand.
18. Something lost by others but found by you.
19. An item you bought but do not often use.
20. Something given to you that you really need.
21. An important plant in your country.
22. Something you made that you gave to other people.
23. A film or TV programme that made you laugh.
24. The last book you read.
25. A skill that took you a long time to learn.
26. Something important that you lost in the past.
27. Something you own that you want to replace.
28. A favourite song of yours.
29. A piece of good news you heard (from TV or the Internet)
30. A success your friend has achieved.
31. An occasion when you were scared.
32. An activity you would do when you are alone in your free time.
33. A time that you looked for information from the Internet.
34. A party that you joined.
35. An interesting talk or lecture.
36. An occasion when you helped a person.
37. A time when you had some medicine.
38. A complaint that you made and you were satisfied with the result.
39. A game that you played in your childhood.
40. A happy experience you had before.
41. Something that can help you concentrate.
42. Something interesting that your friend has done but you haven’t done.
43. A trip that you went on by public transportation.
44. A time that you had to change your plan/you changed your mind.
45. A historical period you would like to know.
46. An outdoor sport you played for the first time.
47. A family business you know.
48. A language you want to learn (not English).
49. A time that a piece of equipment of yours was broken (such as TV).
50. A competition you want to take part in.
51. A good law in your country.
52. A website you like to visit.
Part1的话题在本季度还是比较稳定的，新话题都没有出现过于陌生的，只有几个sky，the area that live in比较有难度，其中sky这个话题中有几个问题要提前准备一下词汇，如What’s your favourite star? 很多学生对这类的问题没有相应的词汇积累，所以要重点看一下。但对于Part1考生不许太过担心，提前准备相关思路以及词汇则不会有什么太大问题。
至于Part 2, 这个季度确实多了几道新题，较突出的则是人物类的话题比以往的季度要多出几个，而地点类的题数则少了。并且，物品类的话题也变多了，事件类仍是占大比例。大多数的新话题比较稳定，不是很陌生。通过话题的思路迁徙其实就能解决问题。其中有个别问题学生比较吃力的，类似an interesting old person这类的，很多学生没什么想法。但其实仔细思考一下interesting不仅仅指一个人可以是humorous，也可以指一个人不符合我们的stereotyped image，比较特别的也是比较有趣的，这样则迎刃而解了。总的来说仍然是要提前做好充分准备对与所有的话题，这样考试则会得心应手了。
来到Part 3, 这部分仍然是学生比较困难的部分，大多数的问题都是没什么答题思路，但是即使有思路，也不知道如何表达出来。如果对于临时组织语言比较困难的话，那就提前看过所有的Part3，练习一遍。这样在考试时也能把握住一两道题。如果对于想要拿到比较好的分数的同学，对于要求6分以上的同学，在答案的组织上较好加入一些结构和句式，让答案更加有逻辑性一些，譬如说“I guess I would have to say there are a number of factors involved. Primarily, one key motivation would be…”这类的句式。